195 Ware Road, Hertford. SG13 7EQ


195 Ware Road,
Hertford. SG13 7EQ


01992 509669

Complaints Procedure

At our dental practice we strive to provide quality dental care appropriate to your needs, in a pleasant and stress free environment. Occasions may occur where there are concerns or complaints about the way you are treated. If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from your dentist or any member of our staff, please let us know.

If your concern is about dental work undertaken we welcome the opportunity to put this Right.

How to complain:

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your Complaint:

We ask that whenever possible concerns or complaints should be raised within six months of the incident that caused the problem; or within six months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within twelve months of the incident.

Complaints should be addressed to our Practice Manager, Jenny Wheatley. You can contact our Practice Manager by email [email protected]

What we will do:

We shall acknowledge your complaint or concern within two working days of receipt. We will investigate your complaint within twenty working days. We shall then offer you an explanation and/or a meeting to discuss the complaint.

In investigating your complaint we shall aim to:

  • Establish the facts.
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this.
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else:

If you are complaining on behalf of a patient, we would adhere to the rules of Confidentiality. We would therefore need the patient’s permission for you to act on their behalf.

Escalating a complaint

You have the right to approach the ombudsman:

The parliamentary and health service ombudsman

Millbank tower